1. Regional Coverage
- Abu Dhabi
- Sir Baniyas
2. Key Port Information
1. Dubai : The Dubai Cruise Terminal is located at Port Rashid. It is considered one of the top 5 luxurious ports to dock at. Over 500,000 people yearly dock at Dubai Cruise Terminal. The Port of Dubai facility offers free Internet, currency exchange office, an ATM, Help desk, Post box, Shops selling souvenir, gifts, electronics, jewellery, Easy access for physically challenged, Dedicated taxi rank, monitored by RTA. Dubai’s cruise port is about 25 minutes away from the Dubai’s airport & Down town.
Upcoming Cruise Terminal at Dubai Harbour:
A unique and iconic port of entry - The two cruise terminals, with a combined floor area of 300,000 square feet, will create a unique and iconic entry experience to Dubai. Each terminal will be able to accommodate passengers and crew in complete luxury with entertainment, leisure and retail offerings.
The most spectacular cruise arrival experience - The Dubai Cruise Terminal at Dubai Harbour aims to provide the growing number of cruise passengers with a curated port of entry offering an unparalleled cruise arrival experience.
2. Abu Dhabi : The Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminal, also called Zayed Port, is located on the northern tip of Abu Dhabi island, about 3 miles (5 kilometres) from the city centre, and close to most of the magnificent city attractions which include the newly inaugurated Louvre Abu Dhabi, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Ferrari World as well as the growing range of luxury hotels and resorts. Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminal has established itself as a prime gateway for cruise visitors to experience the rich Emirati culture and discover Abu Dhabi’s deep-rooted heritage and Arabian pedigree.
3. Khorfakkan: Khor Fakkan lies on the east coast of the UAE, with its coastline on the Gulf of Oman. It is considered to be part of Sharjah, the third-largest emirate in the UAE, but it is surrounded by the emirate of Fujairah. Port Khor Fakkan is ranked one of the world's largest containership / cargo ports. It is located on UAE's Indian Ocean coast and along Gulf of Oman. Khorfakkan's cruise ship port is part of a large container cargo area. Free bus shuttles are provided for transferring cruise passengers to the port's entrance, as walking through the area is forbidden.
4. Fujairah: Fujairah is a picturesque port city on the east coast of the UAE. It is the only emirate in the UAE with an Indian Ocean coastline, and as such tends to get more rainfall than the rest of the country, making it a green oasis during the spring and summer months. After Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Fujairah is also the UAE’s most visited cruise port, with 39 cruise itineraries featuring stops in the city during 2019.Fujairah port's main business is bunkering. Cargo shipping and marine vessel related services are well developed and are among the city's main businesses.
Most vessels anchor in Fujairah for loading provisions, bunkers, or to receive repair and technical support.
5. Sir Baniyas: Sir Bani Yas Cruise Beach is renowned as the first and only dedicated cruise beach of its kind in the region, offering tourists an incredible cruise stop adventure. It was developed by Abu Dhabi Ports, as the second cruise destination for the Emirate to meet the demand for a beach call by the world’s leading cruise lines. This island is one of the UAE’s largest natural reserves open to the public and holds strong historic significance as a getaway for the UAE’s founding father; the late Sheikh Zayed bin Nahyan. There is no cruise terminal at present, at Sir Bani Yas passengers go ashore by tender boat. This port is good for canoeing through the mangroves, a safari through the game reserve, a pool day at a luxury resort, snorkelling, hiking and more.
Turnarounds: Experienced teams, working closely with local authorities to enhance infrastructure and identify opportunities to operate turnarounds in existing ports.
Shore Excursions: Our local teams of shore excursions experts develop and deliver a diverse range of memorable experiences for each cruise brand, tailored to all guest demographics
Land Programs : Reliable, assessed and professional partners that ensure once-in-a-lifetime experiences during overland programs.
Hotel Programs: Pre and Post Cruise Accommodation: Our teams offer a complete hotel service for guests and crew, from hotel sourcing and quote production, to onsite staffing and final invoicing.
Concierge Services: Experts managing all details of private requests to create tailored programs to meet and exceed expectations.
4. Shore Excursion
A diverse range of memorable experiences.
Diverse Tour Portfolio – Experience to reflect the cruise Brand image and guest expectations.
Bespoke Experiences – Excursions designed specifically for different cruise guest demographics.
o Ala carte arrangements
o Active & adventure
o History, culture & local immersion
o Hobbies, interests & learning
o Leisure & well-being
Innovative Concepts – Ongoing significant inverstment in new product developement.
5. Working with Travco in the Middle East
Significant Coverage: Capacity to handle multiple calls across UAE & Oman with total of 8 ports and support last minute itinerary changes.
Multi-lingual Guides & Cruise Field Staff: Adequate number of Multi-lingual experienced, professional guides licensed by Department of Tourism & Marketing. Language expertise: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese & Japanese.
Quality Control: Reporting processes in place for all destinations and management on site for first calls/complex operations.
Health & Safety: UAE and Oman operate as per Travco’s Health & Safety and risk management systems.
6. Security, Health & Safety
In-house team coordinates all related activities.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT - International and local emergency response plans, including crisis management center (CMC) and SafeAshore ™ system.
BEST PRACTICES - Vehicle, supplier and venue inspections, and courses on identifying suspicious behavior and threat response.
PROCEDURES - Risk assessment checklists, incident reporting structure and emergency response procedures.
TRAINING AWARENESS - Internal communications, workshop activities and ongoing eLearning course development.
CARE TEAM - 350 trained personnel covering 60 ports and 34 countries. Part of the Family Assistance Foundation.
CENTRAL CONTACT - For cruise lines and Intercruises - Incident response, risk assessments,emergency planning, care team deployment.
7. Track Record of Success
“Thank you once again for the warm welcome and your perfect service. You and the whole team managed once again perfectly our passenger exchange. Would love to clone you into many other countries where there is a leak between our expectations and the delivered product. You all know us by heart and that result is the perfect service.”
Gabi Haupt – Product Manager, Hapag Lloyd
“First of all I would like to thank you all for your effort during the whole season. As always, you created very good results. You can see at the first sight, that your result is even better than last year and you surprised us again with the effort of the whole team. I would like to outline that especially for the flexibility and motivation you achieved an awesome result! I would like to thank you all again for the strong dedication of the team with TUI Cruises and your great motivation and friendliness during the whole long day.”
Ann-Kathrin Sandvoß - Junior Ground Operations Manager, TUI Cruises
“We were very lucky to have you by our side, opening a new season in a new places never was easy, but for us was amazing to know you were there, to deal, solve, support, advice, reinvent and at the end to laugh and to remind our Arabic season. You guys made many things possible like achieve good results, guest satisfaction and professionally too. More than a professional relationship we created with you new laces, partnership. You were very professional, patient and supporting us all the time, at the beginning even very late time at night, but we received always a solution. Thanks to be there for us, for our company. Thank you for all your sincere smiles over and over.”
Verónica Gammacurta - Shore Excursion Manager, Pullmantur Horizon
“We were all very impressed with the services you and your team provided throughout our calls. In particular, Faisal was outstanding – always available, always with a smile on his face and very flexible with our last minute requests.”
Dawn Pender - Concierge Manager
“My sincere thanks and gratitude to you and your entire team for your major contribution to the overwhelmingly successful Crystal Serenity World Cruise Event at Yas Marina Circuit.
You and your staff did an outstanding job at YAS and I felt that the program will definitely go down as one of the more unique and memorable World Cruise Events in Crystal’s history.”
John Stoll – Director, Land Programs
“ I have never felt so much support, guidance and help from the tour agents as I have had here. They have been my mentors on the areas of the unknown, and answered all my questions – always helping me along. Not only building working relationships but friendships along the way.”
In addition to your operational support day to day, you’ve been exceptional in your help during the set-up process and should be very proud of your area of operation.
Jacqui Nobile - Port & Shore Excursion Operations Manager